At the end of a student’s sophomore year, a student may attend Central Texas College and earn college credit. Depending on the course at CTC, astudent may also earn dual credit (college credit and high school credit for the same course) at the high school.
- Must be classified as a Junior or Senior. Exception: Sophomores with a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 Scale
- Must meet minimum CTC admissions requirements.
- Admissions requirements are the responsibility of the student.
- Must obtain approval before enrollment.
- Must meet test score requirements - see the application.
- 59 college credit hours through Dual Credit courses are offered on the high school campus.
- Limited to 2 courses per semester session with rare exceptions based on external measures and CTC academic standing.
- Students will be required to pay a fee for all Dual Credit courses.
- May be responsible for purchasing supplemental books at student’s expense.
- College grade of 70 or above required for high school credit.
- College grade of 80 or above required to receive an advanced measure for DAP.
Earning a semester grade of 70+ earns greater GPA weight